Sunday 2 August 2015

I was suspended from church because I fell in love with a fellow member






We received an email from a troubled viewer who needs for you viewers to comment on his issue and give advice.


Hello my name is David, i am a member worker of a church in Lekki,i am a God fearing man who respects religion and culture but i am rebelling against what my church did to me.
I was suspended because i fell in love with a fellow church member. it all began mid-last year when brother Israel and sister Shade were engaged and had informed the church about their wedding and had set a date for their wedding,in fact they did have a traditional wedding, Shade's bride prize was paid but due to some certain reasons which i had nothing to do with the wedding was called off. then sometime later Shade and i began dating each other. Shade and i fell in love and decided to get married so when we were ready i went over to the Family of brother Israel and paid back the bride prize which was paid to Shade's Family so i would be able to have Shade to myself without having to cheat brother Israel. after i did that i was then free to have shade to myself so i went over with my people to her people and had her bride prize paid. 
Shade's Family had no issues with this and we were given the blessings of the Family to carry on with our marriage preparations,we fixed a date for the traditional wedding and when we were ready decided to inform the church about the good news so we could pick a date for the church ceremony. but instead i was humiliated like never before by the same church where i had served the lord in spirit and in truth, when we told the parish pastor about our marriage he was furious and accused me of breaking of the previous engagement of Shade and Israel. we explained the situation to the Pastor and he still did not budge but instead refused us to wed in our church and even suspended shade and i from our respective places of work in the church.
now the whole church began to look at me like some kind of marriage wrecker and the even gossip about me in the church,Fiance Shade has been turned into a laughing stock by the women in the church. we have been receiving advice from some people close to us telling us to get married in another church but strongly feel that would be wrong because we have been in this church for long and have friends here going to another church for our wedding would be so wrong. please my Fiance and i are so confused and don't know what to do,tell u what to do please.
Thank you,
David.

No comments:

Post a Comment